Friday, January 9, 2015

Friday Finish: Fast Four Patch


As I've said before, my fabric stash is getting slightly out of hand, so I decided to use up some of my solid scraps and a beautiful butterfly print from Valori Wells on this project from Amy Smart's book "Fabulously Fast Quilts".

These are just 4-patch blocks, paired with a print block, so it's been easy-peasy to put together. But also, so fun. These are my favorite colors in the world, so I occasionally descend into a trance and waste time just gazing at the different shades of blues and greens.


I like the thin orange border - I think it's a good pop of color. The binding is scraps of blue and green strips I had on hand, and I quilted this in a stipple, just for something quick and basic. The backing is a Jennifer Paganelli print I got at SR Harris.


I made this in a night and sort of forgot to take pictures of the process, so ta-da! Here's a finished quilt all appearing out of nowhere!


This is crib/lap sized, so some lucky baby will get this one. Or a lucky adult with a lap.

No comments:

Post a Comment